Friday, June 18, 2010

best coach!

Shanley's team concluded their softball season about one and a half weeks ago. They finished regular season play and the concluding tournament in the top half of their age group. It was a completely new sport for me (and I had to learn it quickly because as the team mom, I had to keep score). I enjoyed Shanley's games.

Back row: Coach Lyons, Kandace Fuller, Meagan Knight, Kaeli Varoz, Shanley Morgan, Bella, Tylar Carpenter, and Coach Carpenter. Front row: Katie Eastman, Cassidy Lyons, Isabella, Brookelyn Ludlow, and Trista.
I was COMPLETELY won over by her head coach! Chad Carpenter was absolutely AMAZING! I have never met anyone nicer or more positive. He never, ever lost his cool. If a player really screwed up, he would find something positive and encouraging to say. If the ref blew a call, he would laugh it off. If the opposing coach got angry about something, he would help calm the coach down. Even Chandler and McKayla noticed it and commented about it when they attended games. And, to top it off, he knew a lot about the game and was able to teach the girls and improve their skills! Who could ask for more?

Oh, wait. I got more! At the end of the season, when it's traditionally time to present the coach with a gift, he gave me one!

No comments:

Post a Comment