Wednesday, June 23, 2010

tennis and soccer

Yesterday I blogged about how my current sports obsessions are tennis and soccer. Here's a couple random thoughts about those.

When I watch World Cup, I don't usually care who wins (except when U.S.A. is playing, of course). I just really enjoy seeing good soccer.

That's not quite the case with tennis. I am much more interested in watching tennis when I care about who is playing.

Favorites over the years - Andre Agassi, Stefan Edberg, Patrick Rafter, Andy Roddick, Gabriella Sabatini, and Lindsey Davenport.

I have a small regret - I never got to watch Andre Agassi play in person. I really would have loved attending one of his matches at the U.S. Open.

I am currently reading Andre's autobiography - Open: An Autobiography. It is fascinating.

Attending Wimbledon is actually on my list of 100 lifetime goals.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I will have to read his biography. I am a bit of a biography nut. Speaking of books, I got yours! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete