Saturday, June 26, 2010

fried pickles, roasted Starbursts...

Tonight Kevin and I went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We chose that restaurant because we had a gift card.

They were featuring a new appetizer - fried pickles! Our server made them sound so good that we decided "what the heck" and gave 'em a try.

We really liked them!


and while we're on the subject of weird foods. I took Starbursts up to our ward Youth Conference so the youth could roast them. Seriously. Roasting the Starburst really enhances the flavor. I've taken them to girls' camp before but it was a new experience for the young men. They liked them.

I met someone during our Youth Conference service project who told me they like to roast Twinkies over the campfire. I told the girls that we'll try that at girls' camp this year.

I do get a kick out of trying new foods even if they're as unhealthy as all of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment