Thursday, April 1, 2010

driven away

The weather here is driving me to Texas!

Wednesday night I spent 4 hours outside at Alec's track meet. That might have been a good thing except the wind blew the entire 4 hours. In fact, it had blown all day. Not just a nice little spring breeze but powerful gales! The wind was the most dust-filled wind I've ever seen. The sky was completely dirt-filled! I still felt the grit in my teeth the next morning (and, yes, I do brush). My skin felt gritty and I couldn't get a comb through my hair. Since I wear contacts, I cried for the entire 4 hours!

Thursday morning I came out of Jazzercise class to find it snowing. It snowed all day. It must have snowed all night as well since I now need to go shovel my sidewalks and driveway.

This is no April Fool's joke.

What is a girl to do?

I'm doing what any sane, rational person would do - escape to Texas. Yep, that's right. I'm packing my bags and 4 of my children and heading to Fort Worth for a few days.

But first, I have to endure a soccer game outside tonight in Heber City (higher elevation than we are here so probably colder and snowier).

1 comment:

  1. I can't beleive it is snowing in April! Texas is definitely the right choice ;)
    I know Ft Worth is a little colder than Houston, but my kids have been wearing shorts this week!

    ReplyDelete