Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake

Yum!

Yesterday I made Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake.


I especially love that they're mini! After Easter I found a set of 3 mini-springform pans on clearance at Target. (Don't ask me why they were on clearance with all the Easter stuff, but I'm not complaining!) I thought they were so adorable!

I can't take credit for the recipe. I got it from my sister, Dawnette. I did change the ganache recipe to use one from Martha Stewart that I like better.

Recipe:

Chocolate crust
1/4 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 C heavy cream
3 8oz pkgs cream cheese
1 C sugar
1/3 C cocoa
3 eggs
1 t vanilla

Melt chocolate chips in small saucepan and stir in cream. Set aside. Cream the sugar and cream cheese well. Add cocoa and mix. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until blended. Add chocolate/cream mixture. Mix until blended. Pour into chocolate crust in springform pan. Bake 45-50 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool and top with chocolate ganache.

Chocolate Ganache:
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 C heavy cream

Warm cream to almost boiling in a small pan. Pour over the chocolate chips and let set for 5 minutes. Stir well. Let set 10 minutes. Stir again. Let set 10 minutes and stir again. Let set 10 minutes and stir again. Spoon onto top of cheesecake and put into refrigerator.

**Note: Since I used my mini-pans, I got 6 mini cheesecakes and they only needed to bake for 25 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. did you eat these? why must you do this to me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To DIE for! I am glad you shared the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these. I got to eat some and it was to die for. Worth a pause in the weight loss for me, now back to being good.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete