Thursday, April 8, 2010

the best

Yesterday I concluded what was probably the best fast of my life. During a planning meeting in January, the young women in our ward proposed that we do a "Fast and Feast". The idea was that we all fasted together for some purpose and then met to break our fast and enjoy a "feast".

So, Tuesday night at 6:30 pm we all met at the YW President's home to begin our fast. We discussed fasting (why we do it, how we do it, etc). We told the girls we would fast for a specific girl in our ward who is facing some challenges (the name has been withheld to protect the innocent). We then knelt in prayer. The Spirit was incredibly strong.

We met Wednesday night at 7:00 to have a prayer and break our fast and then we enjoyed a "feast" of lasagna, breadsticks, tossed salad, jello, and cheesecake.

Over and over the girls kept saying they couldn't believe they had gone 24 hours and they didn't even feel that hungry. I think it was a good experience for them.

It was an amazing experience for me - probably the best fasting I have ever done in my life. What an incredible power fasting brings into lives and hearts. Thank you to whichever of the young women suggested it.

2 comments:

  1. and you worked out yesterday morning! i dont know how you did it, but im glad you were ok and that the girls had a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat! My fasting usually consists of eating as soon as I get home from church!

    ReplyDelete