Sunday, April 25, 2010

blessing

Today was an incredible blessing in MY life - Alec received his Patriarchal Blessing.

Without saying anything inappropriate or sharing too much information, let me just say that it was an intensely spiritual experience for me and answered a question or two for me as well.


I will also say once more how grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who provides inspiration. Several weeks ago I was sitting in Stake Conference when I really felt prompted that it was time for Alec to have his Patriarchal Blessing. It seemed to be further confirmation of this when only a few minutes later the Stake President announced that they were placing the previous Patriarch on emeritus/inactive status and sustaining a new one. Conferring with Kevin after the meeting, he too had felt prompted that Alec should get his blessing.

This happened to us when Alec was 14 and we both felt prompted that it was time for him to receive the Priesthood. It happened to us when Alec was 11 and we both felt prompted that it was time for him to be baptized.

I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who does not leave me on my own to figure things out, for a loving God who doesn't make me second guess my decisions but who guides and directs me in parenting such a special child!

No comments:

Post a Comment