Sunday, April 18, 2010

random musings (this and that)

I wrote here about McKayla's teammates all attending rival school Bingham High. Yesterday we received more "bad" news. The assistant coach at Riverton High (the coach we really, really like) has accepted the head coaching position at the new Herriman High. Ugh! (Happy for him, very sad for McKayla).

*************************************

Sometimes refs are stupid. No, I am not talking about a missed call. That happens. They are human and make mistakes just like the rest of us. I can live with that. I am talking about the ref yesterday who gave McKayla a yellow card for an inadvertent handball (she was shoved from behind) at midfield. Again, I can live with the ref missing the shove but the handball is not a cardable offense. The ref needs to read his handbook. This is the same ref who when one of our players was on the ground moaning in pain yelled at her to get up. I find that kind of behavior/attitude from refs to be inexcusable and irritating.

*************************************

I truly like my siblings. I had a lot of fun talking to my brother, Todd, yesterday at our family get together. Children should listen to their parents when they tell them that their brothers and sisters will be their friends for life.

*************************************

How come when I get some "fantastic" idea that I think would be so much fun and so great for our family no one else agrees with me?

Yesterday while jogging, I had this mental image of our entire family training for the Riverton Town Days 5K. Can't you just picture all of us crossing the finish line together? I could. I was so excited to share this vision with my children. One big happy family celebrating success together!

My bubble was completely burst the moment I shared this idea with my children. Not a single one of them is buying into it. Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Our family has done the fun run or the 5k now for the last two years. Everyone had fun at the end and while they were doing it. Great family fun! Go for it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete