Friday, February 26, 2010

will the REAL McKayla please stand up?

I attended parent-teacher conferences this week. My children do okay in school so these conferences are generally not a source of great trepidation.

I was pretty amused by the comments from McKayla's teachers. They made me wonder if I have a daughter with a split personality. Of the 7 teachers I talked to, 5 wished she would speak up more in class. They say she is so smart but they rarely hear her comment. One of them even asked me what it is like to have such a perfect child.

Then, there was the other 2 teachers...


They both wished she would shut up more!

no kidding.

So, which is she? The perfect, quiet, shy child? The non-stop chatterbox?


I have to admit that I've suspected a split personality for years. Neighbors would tell us how shy she was but all we saw was a girl with a lot of spunk and sass. She worries about her hair, paints her nails, and dresses fashionably but get her on a soccer field and watch out! She will hip check you. She wants to smell good and loves scented lotions but she is not afraid of getting sweaty. She is a good student but rarely reads - prefering to be actively engaged in some sporting activity.

I'm not sure she could be classified as shy, tomboy, outgoing, smart, girly, athletic, etc. She is a terrific combination of all of that and I wouldn't have her any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment