Friday, February 12, 2010

happiness is...

How many times in life must one have an identity crisis? How often do I have to ask myself the following: Who am I? What makes me happy? What do I want to focus on? Where am I going with my life?

Thanks to my religious beliefs, I know the big picture. It's the day to day details I get caught up on. Sometimes I feel that I am improving. Other times, like now, I feel stagnant. I am the pond scum that collects on still waters. I don't like myself much and I like everyone else even less. I am irritable and ornery. I am short-tempered. I don't want to be around me.

Is this God's way of making me evaluate my priorities every so often? Time to step back and reconsider my life and the direction I am headed? Is it an annual or semi-annual form of PMS?


Or do I just desperately need some sleep?

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking sleep deprived half way through the post. :) Take a nap or sleep in this Saturday.
    Love you Marvelle,
    Thank you for always waving and smiling at me in the neighborhood. I need to come and chat sometime.

    ReplyDelete