Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mesquite

McKayla and I spent the long weekend in Mesquite at one of her soccer tournaments. We left Friday and didn't return until fairly late last night.

I usually take all of the kids with me but this time it was just us! A little mother-daughter bonding. Plus, some bonding with her teammate, Makena, and her mom, Jen. We all shared a room (to save on costs) and carpooled down together.

We had a great time and loved the warm temps! It was in the high 60's while we were there and I have a little bit of a tan to prove it!

Her team made it to the finals, had more shots at the goal than the other team, but couldn't seem to make it in the net. Then, with less than 10 minutes in the game, her team was called for a very controversial foul and the other team made the penalty shot. Sad day! They lost by that one goal. That team now advances on to the Regionals in Oregon while we sit back and see if we get a wild card slot at Regionals.

The weekend had its funny moments. On Sunday, McKayla and I headed to church. Jen and Makena dropped us off before they left for Saint George and we were just going to walk home. I had looked up church addresses and schedules before I left home but I didn't write down details because I wrongly assumed I'd have internet access at the hotel. So, I went off my memory. Bad mistake. We walked into the church and it was a Single Adult ward that had just finished Sacrament Meeting. So, we decided to walk a mile to another building. We arrived 20 minutes before their Sacrament started and sat down in the chapel only to find out that was a Spanish branch.

We had a good laugh (or at least I did, McKayla wasn't so sure it was funny) before we finally found a ward to attend. Then we walked back to the hotel and relaxed!

1 comment:

  1. sad for mckayla! i know she loves soccer-and of course winning! this team will get better the more they play together.

    ReplyDelete