Tuesday, February 2, 2010

my way or the highway

Okay. I'll admit it. I'm a bit of a stickler for order, procedure, rules, etc. Logic reigns supreme in my world!

I do things that make sense to me. For example, if hand-washing dishes, I do glasses first because they are usually the least dirty. Then silverware comes next because it goes in my mouth and I want CLEAN, hot water washing it. And so on...

I know - maybe a tad obsessive...

However, contrary to what my husband claims, I do believe much of what I do is because it is THE way to do it - not just "my" way.

Whites and colors are sorted when doing laundry because it is THE way.

Bread and eggs and placed on top when loading groceries in the car because it is THE way.

Socks are unrolled before washing them because it is THE way.


What do you do because it is just THE way it is done?

3 comments:

  1. i have to have the clothes put in the closets a certain way. 1st, short sleaved school shirts-in color order. then church short sleaved shirts-again with the colors. then pants, first jeans then church pants. finally i do the same thing over again but with play clothes.
    i gave up insisting that chris's quarter of the closet be done this way. but mine and the kids are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right with you sister. It is always THE WAY not MY WAY. I have a lot of THE WAYS... a couple- I have to have the dishwasher loaded a certain way, putting everything in categories is just plain common sense and makes it much easier to unload. My groceries have to go on the belt in categories, frozen, refrigerated, cans, etc.... Of course then the cashier insists on just putting them in random bags after I have so neatly placed them on the belt. Way too many more to list. Glad to see I am not the only one :). Maybe it is a Lawton trait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianna, I have those two same WAYS. It totally irritates me when the cashier puts the stuff in bags in a random way when I've so carefully put them on the belt in the most logical, orderly way!

    ReplyDelete