Sunday, February 7, 2010

made me think

Sometimes I come across a great one-liner when I'm reading. One that hits me like a ton of bricks and makes me stop reading and take notice. I came across this one yesterday that got me thinking: "...we neither choose nor deserve our path in life."

I'm not sure I agree. I think that statement is partially true and partially false at the same time.

I DO believe in the power of choice. I DO believe that when we choose good, rewards can follow. I DO believe that when we choose evil, consequences can follow. Or not.

Sometimes bad stuff happens to people who do everything right. My youngest brother was pretty much an angel. He was a nice-to-everyone, helpful, good kid. It didn't stop him from being killed by a drunk driver when he was only 11 years old. And what had my parents done to deserve that kind of pain?

I don't think anything in this life is as clear-cut or as black and white as that book quote. Life can be crazy and seemingly random.

The only thing I am completely convinced of is that in the end (the very end), we will get what we deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment