Thursday, March 26, 2009

seminary teaching

Reasons I Love Teaching Seminary (most days)

1) I love the gospel! I have a firm testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. It has brought a lot of joy and peace into my life and I feel the need to share that message with others.

2) I love youth. I think they're wonderful and I feel I relate to them really well. I love their (mostly) positive attitudes. I like their enthusiasm for life. I am really interested in their lives -- how they think, what makes them tick, what life is like for them, etc. I wish I could get to know each and every student on an individual basis.

3) I love to teach! (or maybe I just like the sound of my own voice) I think I am pretty good at teaching. I really did think about becoming a math or English teacher before becoming a CPA. Maybe I should have stuck with becoming a teacher (but the pay is so crappy!) For now, I am content teaching seminary but I think my dream job would be teaching something at the college level. Imagine -- a whole classroom of students who want to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment