Sunday, March 29, 2009

more like Christ

Last Sunday I was reading a book entitled "Temple Worship" when I came across a quote from Pres. Hinckley. I found the quote to be intriguing and thought-provoking. I even called Kevin over and read it to him. The very next morning I was reading the New Era and came across the same quote. Doo-doo-doo-do... Do you think that means something?

Here's the quote:

"I think that vicarious work for the dead more nearly approaches the vicarious sacrifice of the Savior Himself than any other work of which I know. It is given with love, without hope of compensation, or repayment or anything of the kind. What a glorious principle." --President Gordon B. Hinckley, "Excerpts from Recent Addresses of President Gordon B. Hinckley," Ensign, Jan. 1998, 73.

I really like this idea. We are never more like the Savior than when we are doing temple work for the dead. There we are doing work for others that they cannot do for themselves. That is the very essence of the Savior's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment