Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I need a new mom!

I am so completely anal. Though thousands have been blogging for years, I can't just start a blog. No, I have to read Blogging for Dummies first, sign up for a class, and get all my ducks in a row. Now I'm all set. Except...when I create my blog I realize I have done absolutely no thinking on what to call myself or what to call my blog. Total pressure to come up with the perfect title that will describe me, invite readers, and capture interest in 5 words or less. Huh? I still don't know what I am doing. I finally decided (after all my hours of research and preparation) that I would probably learn much faster and easier by just doing so here goes...

I have a 16-year old son with Down syndrome. Most days are an adventure. However, I am often reminded that in so many ways he is a typical teenager. For example, driving to church the other day I made the unspeakable mistake of telling him I love him. His reply? "Oh gross. I need a new mom!"

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Marvelle, you have a blog! I am so excited to follow it.

    ReplyDelete