Saturday, March 7, 2009

Practice Being a Teenager

Chandler, had his friend, Abby, over to play recently. Times have sure changed! I played tag and baseball and hide and seek with my friends. Chandler and Abby sat across from each other in our living room and texted each other using my husband's and my cell phones (we are not great believers in the basic human right of every 8-year-old to have a cell phone -- or 11-year-old or 13-year-old for that matter. Our kids just call us mean but whatever). Texting back and forth across the room occupied their attention for an ENTIRE hour! Afterwards, my husband and I looked to see what was so interesting. They had been talking about going out to a movie and dinner. We reminded them that they are far too young to date and their reply was, "We were texting. We were pretending to be teenagers." Scary that tomorrows' teenagers need to practice for it! What am I in for?

No comments:

Post a Comment