Friday, March 13, 2009

Brakston's Care Package

The following is the contents of the extremely large, he-is-totally-spoiled-and-probably-doesn't-even-realize-it care package I sent to Brakston today:

*1 Marie Calendar's frozen chocolate silk pie (his favorite and possible since The UPS store does same day delivery)
*1 batch of my homemade german chocolate brownies with caramel (another favorite)
*1 chicken poppyseed pasta salad (another favorite and a request and also made possible with same day delivery)
*1 mango (requested - I'm sure he wanted more but they were $2 each and I'm cheap)
*2 peaches (requested - he doesn't just request junk food)
*1 bag of Starbursts (requested)
*1 pkg of gum
*address labels (for home so that I get his letters not my neighbors since his 5 looks like a 6)
*3x5 cards (maybe he can jot notes on them during the week so that he has something to say in his letters on P-day)
*a humorous story that was in Mormon Times
*a 2009 Riverton High School soccer roster (he had to know who made the team this year)
*4 CDs (all ones we currently owned that are on his approved music list - apparently he is tired of listening to the one CD that he took)
*5 pairs of black socks (he claims his have been stolen but having seen his bedroom for years, I have a sneaky suspicion they are on the floor in his room)

All I can say is thank goodness for the UPS Store. Not only do they have same day service but they are cheaper than anywhere else when it comes to MTC delivery. The package weighed a whopping 14 pounds (not as much as he'll gain if he eats everything I sent) and it cost me $10 to send. Not bad! It is still cheaper than feeding him when he was home!

1 comment:

  1. I'll take one of those packages! Brakston is way spoiled!

    ReplyDelete