Monday, March 23, 2009

pet peeve

One of my pet peeves is when I tell someone about something I've done and they wish they'd done it or think they ought to be doing it but they say "I just don't have time."

Do people think I have more time than they do? Have I uncovered the secret for generating the 26-hour day (I seriously wish!!) I feel I am just as busy as anyone else. True, my children are now all in school which does free up some time but I've pretty much filled it with substitute teaching, volunteering for PTA at the high school and the middle school, working in the temple, etc.

I think it's all about choices. I choose to spend my time on things that are of worth to me. My list is different than other people's but it is still just a choice.

I could say my house isn't clean because I don't have time but that's not really true. I could make time if it were really important to me. Instead, I clean what has to be cleaned (i.e. toilets, countertops, etc) and spend the remaining time doing what is important to me.

--scrappinsoccermama would write more but I don't have time (see, I do it too! I am my own pet peeve!)

No comments:

Post a Comment