Sunday, March 15, 2009

personal signs of spring

Forget the groundhog or the calendar!  I have my own personal signs that spring is near!

First, socks are no longer white!  The weather gets nice enough that the kids don't need shoes but they can't seem to remember the rule that it's either barefoot or shoes.  So, they go outside in their socks causing all their socks to turn black and give me laundry nightmares.

Second, our home turns into a greenhouse!  Kevin starts all his seedlings and even has a flourescent lamp on a timer over the plants.  This is all located in the laundry room.  This causes me to have the urge to water the plants every time I do laundry (which is more frequently due to the socks -- see the first item).

Third, I make frequent trips to the gas station!  This is caused by soccer season.  Currently we have 5 soccer practices a week.  I expect to have 7 or 8 soon.  This is a lot of extra driving.

Fourth, I feel the uncontrollable urge to sit in a camp chair on a soccer sideline and cheer wildly!  This is caused by 15 years of conditioning.

It is definitely spring at our house!

--scrappinsoccermama thinks it's too bad that one of her personal signs is not the urge to do heavy duty spring cleaning!  Her house could use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment