Thursday, October 13, 2011

ramblings

I can't post anything coherent today. My mind is just a jumble of thoughts - mostly centering on the still-swirling debate on whether or not Mormons are Christians.

I get that we Mormons don't believe in the exact same Christ as evangelical Christians. What I don't get is why that is so bothersome. Members of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints believe there is a Savior who came to earth, who suffered bled and died for us, and who will return again. We worship Him. We honor Him. We love Him and we strive to be like Him.

Many "Christians" do the same. Does it matter if some believe He has dark skin while others believe He is fair? Does it matter that some believe He speaks to us today? Why are we so afraid that everyone is not exactly like us or doesn't think or believe in exactly the same way we do?

Is that a good enough reason to call Mormons a cult?

I struggle to wrap my mind about where all the controversy even comes from. Please, people, let's just respect others right to believe and worship the way they want and just find joy and comfort in knowing we're all doing the best we can to live Christ-like lives.

1 comment: