Tuesday, October 4, 2011

missing "MY" kids

It is amazing how fast I can get attached to people!

I have subbed for one of the teachers at Riverton Seminary for 11 school days. Since RHS follows an A/B schedule, it means I had one set of classes 6 days and the other set 5 days. I really LOVED my classes! After that many days, I started feeling like they were MY students. After all, school has only been in for 25 days and I had them for 11 of them - almost as many as their regular teacher.

Today was my first day back at home and while I enjoyed it, I really missed many of the students that I've grown so attached to.

Maybe it's because instead of the creative energy needed for teaching, I spent the day in the mindless task of blanching, peeling, pitting, and freezing 20+ pounds of peaches. Peaches or people? Is it any contest?

I want my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment