Monday, October 3, 2011

conference to-do

I have been subbing for seminary for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I gave all of my students (yes, after 2 weeks, they are MY students) an assignment. They were to listen to conference and report back with something they plan to DO as a result of conference.

For me, the choice was easy.

When President Monson stood to announce the new temples and then reported that there are still those who can't afford to travel to the temples, it honestly made me cry. I love the temple so much that I feel so badly for those who don't have the blessing of attending frequently let alone not even able to attend once.

Therefore, I was excited to hear about the General Temple Patron Assistance Fund.

What will I DO as a result of conference?

I will be donating an extra tithe of my earnings every time I substitute seminary to the General Temple Patron Assistance Fund. I hope and pray someone's life is blessed by being able to obtain the magnificent blessings of the temple. I honestly can NOT imagine my life without the fruits of regular temple attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment