Tuesday, October 11, 2011

all PTA all the time

or at least, that is how it seems!

Last week I helped with teacher dinners on Tuesday and Wednesday nights (plus all the cooking and prep work most of Tuesday and Wednesday). I also had a school advisory committee meeting at the high school and a PTA meeting at the middle school.

This week I have an early morning breakfast for Student-of-the-Month at the high school. I have school calendar committee meeting with the District, a school community council meeting at the high school, a council PTA meeting, and a PTA meeting at the high school. I am also spending Wednesday morning at the middle school doing vision screening.

None of this includes the time spent on emails, agendas, paperwork, etc.

It keeps me really busy but I do have to admit that I like the benefit of getting to know what is going on at the schools. I know the teachers, the administrators, the counselors, etc. I know so much more about how things work and what is going on than if I weren't involved. I have also met and served with some really great people and I love the friends I've made.

So, maybe it's all worth it in the end...

(now if only my house didn't look like I'm never home to clean)

No comments:

Post a Comment