Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PIE NIGHT!!!!!

Tonight is our family's annual Pie Night! Years ago we started the tradition of getting together Wednesday night (before Thanksgiving) to eat soup, scones, and PIE!

The theory was that we could enjoy the pie more if we weren't so stuffed from the Thanksgiving feast.

The truth of the matter is that now we just stuff ourselves on soup and scones instead. There is usually at least 3 types of soup (and you just HAVE to try them all). The scones usually are served with a variety of honey butters (i.e. cinnamon, raspberry, or plain). It is all yummy!

I really believe that it is just one more excuse for us all to get together! We do enjoy that! It works especially well when it's my brothers' year to go to their in-laws because they can still join us for Pie Night!

Anyway, this morning I've already made Cranberry Apple Streusel Pie and Peaches and Cream Pie. As soon as I finish this I'll go make French Silk Pie and Olive Garden's recipe for Pasta e Fagioli soup. Yum! My mouth is watering already.

2 comments:

  1. YUM - Sounds so good.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, do you have a favorite soup recipe? We are all supposed to bring soup for Christmas Eve and I have never made a "real" soup not from a can before!

    ReplyDelete