Sunday, November 7, 2010

just us girls

My mom, aunt, sisters and I had a delightful weekend! We got together at my home on Friday night (after I'd shipped all the kids and the hubby off). We ate gourmet garlic chicken pizza from Papa Murphy's and too many treats. We each did projects. Kari made fleece blankets. Mom cut out foam shapes for the Humanitarian Center. Jolyn and Tonya made clothespin refrigerator magnets. Melissa packaged her neighbor Christmas gifts (homemade gift tags). Vicki did some cross-stitching. I assembled a note/treat for the Riverton High teachers. We all did lots of talking!

Then after sleeping, we got up and went Christmas shopping. We shopped for 5 hours (might be a new record for me) then we went to lunch at Zupa's. Tonya holding Becca, Melissa, me, Jolyn, Vicki, Mom, and Kari holding Isaac (the only boy allowed!). We missed Dawnette who lives in Texas and thinks that is just too far to come for one night. (McKayla actually did join us for some of the shopping and for lunch by virtue of having a soccer practice in the midst of our shopping.)

Mom holding her grandbabies - Rebecca and Isaac.

I feel extremely lucky that (1) I have the opportunity to spend time with my family members and (2) I really love them all! I feel especially lucky that my brothers married women that I like - may I be so fortunate with my sons' wives!

2 comments:

  1. Retreats are so fun with famiy. Glad you could all get together and enjoy each others company.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time. I usually can't shop that long either.....but with one kid is was easy!! I just explained to Ben, that it truly wasn't my fault I bought so much:) ha ha
    THAKS for having us at your home. I hope you're feeling better today!!

    ReplyDelete