Saturday, November 20, 2010

I really NEED to take more vacations

On Monday I went in for a physical. The nurse called yesterday with the results of my bloodwork. I'm happy to report I'm in pretty good shape.

Except...

My vitamin D levels are extremely low. I laughed when the nurse told me this and said, "It's because I hate milk." She said, "No, it means you're not getting enough sun."

All of those hours outside watching soccer games and I'm not getting enough sun?

Okay, it's true. I hate the heat and generally stay inside in my air-conditioned home or find the shade outdoors. Apparently, I am hiding from the sun too much.

So, I am trying to convince Kevin that this means I should hop on a plane at least one day a week and fly to somewhere sunny and warm and spend the whole day doing nothing but basking in the sun. Sounds like a great plan, doesn't it? And what can I say? It's doctor's orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment