Tuesday, November 2, 2010

blame it on Kevin

Last Wednesday Alec came home from school and insisted that Shanley was going to make him donuts. I told him she wasn't. He wasn't about to take that for an answer so he started getting out the bowl, flour, sugar, etc. I again told him that Shanley was NOT going to make donuts for him. I tried to explain to him that Shanley didn't know how to make donuts. So, he got out my Betty Crocker cookbook and flipped through it page by page until he found a donut recipe. Finally, I gave in and told him that although Shanley was NOT going to make donuts that I would make them if he'd wait until the next day. He agreed.

Thursday I had a break between seminary classes (that I was substitute teaching) so I came home and made the dough. While it was rising, I went back and finished teaching. Then I came home and rolled out the dough, cut them out, let it rise again, fried them, and glazed them.

Wow! They were delicious! I am not a huge donut fan but it's a different story when they're warm and fresh.


They were work but well worth it. It's a good thing since I'm blaming Kevin for the fact I even had to make them. I'm sure Alec would never have even known you COULD make donuts if Kevin hadn't told him. Trust Kevin to plant the idea in Alec's head and then leave town and leave me with the work.

3 comments:

  1. id be hurting kevin! but i do love a good donut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am craving doughnuts, I think I will make homemade doughnuts tomorrow. I never have before, but why not try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm...can i blame kevin for making you post that pic that is now making me crave donuts?

    ReplyDelete