Saturday, November 6, 2010

grateful

During this month of November it is natural to let my thoughts drift to the things for which I'm grateful.

Today I am especially grateful for time with my family.

I just found out a friend passed away. She entered the ER on Monday with "abdominal pain" and was dead from agressive kidney cancer 3 days later (almost before doctors had discovered what was even wrong). Her husband, in a post on a social network, informed others of her passing. He then asked for the continued prayers of her friends since he was going to have to break the news to their 4 children (ages 4-16) in about an hour when they awoke.

That broke my heart. I've cried several times since just thinking of how hard it would be to break such devastating news to loving children.

I am extremely grateful for the time I get to spend with my children, with my husband, with my parents, and with my siblings. I love them all so much and am a better person because of the things they've taught me and the examples they've all set. They have pushed me, caused me to think, challenged me, and given me unconditional love.

I enjoy doing things with all of them whether it be "craft nights" with my sisters, watching my children's soccer games, reunions, "date night" with my husband, FHE, or just sitting around visiting.

Family is everything! I am grateful for the reminder to cherish every minute I have with my family because you never know when that minute might be your last.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to your friend's family. What a loss.

    ReplyDelete