Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yellowstone Trip - Day Three

We spent most of Wednesday in Cody, Wyoming. I lived there from 8 years of age until I was 20. We visited the murals and visitor's center and then had a picnic in the park. Almost everyone went to the Buffalo Bill Historical Center (one of the best museums).

I chose to go see some of my old stomping grounds. This is where I attended 4-H meetings (I took cooking and sewing - I wasn't an animal lover then either).

Here's my high school - Cody High. We were the Broncs and Fillies.

This is the first home we lived in. I don't think it has changed much over the years.

This was our second home - in the Valley View subdivision. It looks much different. For instance, they've added the drive-thru driveway in the front yard. They also sold the lot where we had our 1/2 acre garden and now there is a home right next to this one (practically touching).

This was our third home - on Cedar Lane. I lived here during my high school years. My parents actually lived in a 4th home but since they moved there after I got married, I visited that home but never actually lived there.

I worked at this Dairy Queen. It still has the same owners - Jon and Vicki Clark.

I also worked at Big Horn Glass Company. I did bookkeeping and billing during a couple of summers. I even learned to cut glass and fix screens.


On the way back to camp we stopped at the "beach" of Yellowstone Lake. My children are totally "water babies". I usually claim that they are part fish. They all love the water and love any vacation that involves water.


We also stopped a some mud pots - Dragon's Mouth and Mud Volcano.


2 comments:

  1. That 3rd home is the one I remember. Didn't it have a bar in the basement with an Indian head on the wall? And a huge back yard with rolling hills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that home did have the huge back yard with rolling hills but it was the 4th home that had the Indian head.

    ReplyDelete