Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a few changes

Education Week would do me no good if I didn't incorporate something into my life. Either based on what I learned/heard or on promptings I received during the week, I am making the following changes:

*Recommit to going to bed at 9 pm
*Read my personal mission statement every Sunday so I can stay focused
*Pray as a family right before leaving for church
*Make lunch every Sunday

I have been a big proponent of the kids making their own lunch on Sundays. This makes it more of a day of rest for me and gives my children a chance to practice their cooking skills.

However, I have often felt guilty that we don't eat dinner together as a family more often. (Kevin is often out of town and we usually have soccer games). We do eat breakfast together (again, Kevin is out of town frequently).

It seemed to me that if I made Sunday lunch that would be one more meal each week that we could sit down together as a family.

Anyway, no major changes but a few little things to concentrate on. I think those little changes could have a major impact on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment