Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Girls' Camp - 20 years

This morning I am leaving for YW Rough Camp! I absolutely adore girls' camp! It is one of the best things in life! I enjoy camping, communing with nature, being around YW, testimony meeting, camp food, etc! And there is no denying how absolutely awesome that first shower is when you arrive home! Our stake property has showers which is nice but that first shower at home still feels incredibly good. It is better somehow.

I am especially proud this year because it marks my 20th year at girls' camp! That's right - TWENTY years! Wow!

I went 6 years as a YW,1 as YW 2nd counselor, 2 as asst camp director, 4 as YW president, 1 as asst camp director, 5 as stake/ward camp director (1 of those was also as YW 1st counselor) and 1 more as YW 1st counselor.

I hope I go 20 more times!

2 comments:

  1. Kiss those girls for me. I miss them and wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are in good hands!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete