Saturday, August 14, 2010

there is growth

It is always nice to see growth. In this case I wish I could say it was personal growth cuz I've been feeling a little stagnant lately. However, I'm happy to come home from vacation to find my garden doing something.

I had about given up on it this year. I had decided the garden was going to be a bust. I don't know what the problem is. It's been weeded and watered.

The only thing that was really growing was the tomato plants. They were growing like crazy. They were big and green and full of blossoms. However, not a single tomato. Obviously, they were putting all of their growing energy into leaves and stems and such.

It was a bit of a relief to return from Yellowstone and find that there are actually some tomatoes growing. In fact, we found two ripe pear tomatoes (one for Kevin and one for me) that we could eat right away. Yum!

I also found three green peppers starting to grow, 6 cucumbers, 2 fairly good-sized cantaloupes, and lots of ears of corn.

Glory hallelujah!

It's not much but at least all that hard planting, weeding, and watering work won't be for absolutely nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment