Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Three Truths and a Lie - bear and baby

When I was a young girl I traveled with my family to Yellowstone Park. I absolutely loved seeing the wildlife so I thought we were extremely lucky to see a mother bear and her cub in a pull-out. My dad pulled our car in along with several other cars and we sat in the car observing the bears until some idiot decided to get out of his car and approach the bears to get a close-up photo. My dad immediately said, "we are getting out of here."

He tried to get out of the parking lot but the mother bear charged first. She went after the man with the camera. The man hopped over the hood of his VW bug and managed to get into his car before the bear got him and my dad hit the gas and got out of there before we saw anything else.

I wonder if that man now believes all the warnings on bears that they hand you when you enter the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment