Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yellowstone Trip - Day Four

Thursday was a lot of fun! We headed to Old Faithful and got there just shortly after it had erupted (gotta love our great timing!) so it gave us time to hike around the area. We made the 2.8 mile (round trip) to Morning Glory Pool. Can you believe these colors?

We saw some smaller geysers.

This is Chromatic Pool - again, I love the colors.

And finally, it was time for Old Faithful to erupt again!

Then we drove up to Fountain Paint Pot.

We saw more wildlife. I have to admit that deer are my favorite animals. I think they are beautiful! Truly one of God's masterpieces!

Then we headed back to camp and spent a long afternoon kayaking on Yellowstone Lake. This was one of the highlights for me. I really enjoyed it! (Now I want a kayak). Chandler took Alec so that Alec would have the opportunity to go (Alec can't go by himself and he and I can't fit in a kayak at the same time)

Shanley kayaking.

Kayakin was Chandler's favorite part of the trip. He went twice and spent hours on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment