Friday, August 27, 2010

a Friday rant

Last year our school district had this horrid idea of having a late start for middle schoolers every Friday. They go to school 2 hours later than usual, ostensibly so that the teachers can coordinate with each other.

What it means for a parent is a CRAZY schedule:

6:37 am - bus arrives for Alec
8:00 am - Chandler leaves for school
9:50 am - McKayla and Shanley start school
1:30 pm - Chandler arrives home
2:30 pm - Alec arrives home
2:50 pm - McKayla and Shanley get out of school

Could we chop up my day any more than that?

I guess if I were lucky I could have a preschooler who went from 9 am to noon. That would finish my day off nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Marvelle,
    I have started calling it "CHOP IT UP FRIDAY"!
    It is crazy, there is no time to accomplish anything. So I try to save all the errands that need to be done for Friday. So in that spirit have a chopped up Friday!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to adjust to that with a kindergartner last year was so not fun. Riley STARTED school at 9:50 and Blake ENDED school at 10:30. I would finally get the last child out the door just in time to go get another and bring him home. It nearly drove me mad. If you ever want to let the district know what a terrible idea late start is, I'm in. And I'm not necessarily opposed to mean or illegal ways of expressing my feelings. They should pay! ;)

    ReplyDelete