Sunday, July 1, 2012

Resolution Check-Up

Home Improvement
 1) Build shutters for the windows in the front of my house - No progress.
2) Paint the shutters, outside trim, and outside doors - Determined which paint I want.
3) Plant lavender in front of the house - Done.
4) Do window treatments for family room, dining room, kitchen, Shanley's room, and the master bedroom - I sewed and hung curtains for the master bedroom. I love them!
5) Paint/stain the back deck - More than halfway done!
6) Paint the master bathroom - No progress.

 Family
1) Plan a special date with Kevin once a month - did!
2) Spend one-on-one time with each child every month (away from the home) - I did it!

 Social
1) Have 2 game parties for adults this year - one so far this year
 2) Host 2 special FHEs with other families this year - one so far this year

Physical
 1) Lose 20 pounds - I lost 3 pounds this month. The year-to-date total is 14 pounds.
2) Climb Mount Timpanogos - summer
3) Run a marathon and a half marathon - I am checking this one off. The marathon is over and I didn't finish but I'm not doing another one so I'm finished.

 Mental
 1) Make sure 1/3 of what I read is uplifting (spiritual, classical, best-book type stuff) - have done this
2) Write a book - Wrote another thousand words.

Spiritual
1) Spend 1 day a month in the temple - Not a full-day but spent a morning there.
2) Go to 3 new temples - no new progress (still 2 of the 3)
 3) Read the New Era and the Ensign every month - done in June.
 4) At the end of every day, record the hand of God in my life for that day - Did

Overall - June was much better than May for progress. Slowly but surely I am getting there. In July I will finish the deck and focus on shutters and painting the trim and doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment