Friday, July 27, 2012

Lucky Charm

Maybe Alec is my Lucky Charm.  We were sure lucky last night when we won the drawing to purchase tickets to Wicked for $25 each!  Woo hoo!

Kevin and I saw Wicked in LA a few years ago.  At that time, we too won the drawing for $25 tickets and got amazing seats!  There wasn't a huge crowd for the drawing so our odds were pretty good.

We loved the show so when it was announced that a tour stop would be in SLC, I gave McKayla, Shanley, and Chandler coupons to see it as Christmas presents.  It sold out within minutes and we didn't get tickets.  We tried entering the drawing for the $25 tickets but well over 100 people entered and we had no luck.  So, I took those three to see it in Tempe, AZ where I could actually get tickets.

Alec was the only one who hadn't seen it and it is back touring in SLC.  I toyed with the idea of trying for the $25 tickets again reasoning that maybe this time there wouldn't be the huge crowds but mostly dismissed the idea and I wasn't too keen to pay $125 per person.  However, yesterday we got back from spending the day on the waverunners and I felt an urge (prompting?) to go enter the drawing.  So, I hurriedly blew dry my hair and Alec and I raced downtown to enter the drawing.

I was so disappointed to see that once more well over 100 people were entering the drawing.  Our chances didn't look good.  They looked even worse when it got down to the final name they were drawing.  Then they called "Alec Morgan".  Yea!  Alec raised his hands in victory and we purchased the 2 tickets we were allowed for that night's performance.

Alec loved it and I felt so blessed to be able to see it again!  The lady playing Glinda was hilarious - truly laugh out loud funny!  We had a blast!  Alec has spent this morning playing every song from Wicked that he can find on youtube.  (I'm not reminding him I have the CD or I'll never see it again!)


No comments:

Post a Comment