Saturday, July 14, 2012

all klutz, all the time

One would think that hiking is an inexpensive sport/hobby.  A good pair of shoes and a water bottle and you're set.  I love to hike but my last hike was a bit expensive.

The kids and I were camping up Logan Canyon while in the area for Chandler's soccer tournament.  One evening I wanted to go hiking but couldn't convince a single child to go with me.  So, I grabbed a bottle of water and my camera and headed off by myself to hike to Wind Caves.

It was amazing!
I was pumped about the amazing site! Also, the temperature started to drop and it was actually almost cool. I just couldn't resist the urge to run down the trail. Then I came upon a young couple going up and focused my eyes on them instead of the trail and I stepped off the edge and went down! Just down to the ground, luckily. It could have been much worse if I'd gone down the side of the mountain. Anyways, I went down hard right on top of my camera - ruined my pants and my camera. Bummer! So, hiking is probably only a cheap sport if you have more grace and coordination than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment