Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chandler's First/Last Day

It is Chandler's first day of school today but it is also the first day of his last year at elementary.  This is quite a milestone because I have had a child at Riverton Elementary for the past 18 years!  Wow!  So, this will be my last year of elementary school as well.

I like year round school because I like the flexibility of when I take my vacations.  I like that my children don't get bored during an overly long summer.  I even like that Chandler's schedule is different from all of his siblings because it allows he and I the flexibility to spend one-on-one time together.  He enjoys different activities from his siblings so the different schedules is perfect.

However, I still didn't quite feel ready for him to go back to school this year.  We have had a lot of fun - he has played in two soccer tournaments and we've been to Seven Peaks Waterpark once a week on average.  He's gone fishing and swimming and played games. He ran track and ran a 5K race.   He's spent lots of time with cousins.

This morning I gave him a bag full of smarties candy that read "Hey Smartie Pants - good luck on the first day of school!"  Chandler laughed and was quite pleased with it.  I also made him one of his favorite breakfasts - cinnamon muffins and peach smoothies.

Here's the scoop:

Chandler Reed Morgan
4 feet 10 1/2 inches
73 pounds
Teacher:  Ms. Becknell (Shanley had her and we liked her!)
Favorite Color:  Green
Favorite Food:  Chinese
Favorite Candy:  Skittles
Favorite Subject:  Math
Favorite Hobby:  Soccer
Favorite Friends:  Jared Goins, Abby Nebeker, Jeffrey Stratton
Favorite Thing Over the Summer:  going to Logan for a soccer tournament
Wants to Be:  an airline pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment