Monday, July 23, 2012

mission farewell

Alec, McKayla and I went to the mission "farewell" of Garrett Steed yesterday.  I love Garrett!  I can't even remember how I got to know him.  He was the student body president at Riverton High so he's definitely the kind of kid that stands out.  I know I had him in my seminary class a couple of times when I subbed.   Really, I don't know how we got to know each other but I know I think very highly of him and always enjoy our visits.  Besides that, he loves Alec and Alec loves him.  They graduated together.  So, when Garrett sent me a notice of his "farewell" I knew we had to go.

It was a wonderful Sacrament meeting talk.  Garrett spoke on "What a Testimony Is and the Power of a Testimony".  It was great and anyone who knows me knows I don't praise talks lightly.  It was organized and spiritual and imparted wisdom!  McKayla leaned over at one point and said, "Our ward needs to hear this."  Sad but true.  We get too many people sharing stories without ever actually bearing testimony to anything.

Garrett shared a couple of experiences he has already had with bearing his testimony to others.  All I can say is the people of North Carolina better watch out - Garrett is coming for them and he'll be hard to resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment