Sunday, March 11, 2012

aahhh...the power of music

"for the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me.."

We had an absolutely wonderful Stake Conference today. The choir sang early in the meeting and really invited the Spirit. Chandler turned to me and said, "Mom, I felt the Spirit during that song." Words any LDS mother loves to hear!

McKayla spoke and I was nervous for her but she did a wonderful job. I felt the sincerity of her testimony and the truthfulness of the things she spoke.

More great speakers and testimonies but it was the music that got me every time. Chandler came home and announced that I had cried during every song. Shanley started laughing and said, "so did Dad."

It's true. Our intermediate him was "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and I felt the truthfulness of that statement in every line and stanza.

The choir sang "All Creatures of Our God and King" and it was beautiful and then about 10 minutes later our Stake President asked them to sing it again. It was even more amazing the second time. "lift up your voice and with us sing"

Praise was definitely rendered through song.

No comments:

Post a Comment