Monday, February 21, 2011

yummy recipes

I blogged here about my new recipe book and the "only okay" recipes I had tried.

I tried a couple more over the weekend and they were good! We tried the pizza meatball subs and they were good and something everyone in my family would probably eat (Alec may have a bit of trouble because they're a bit messy).

My favorite was the Penne Chicken with sun-Dried Tomatoes. Yum! So, here's the recipe:

3 3/4 C uncooked penne pasta
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 lb. cooked chicken strips
1 C oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
4 green onions, sliced
2 C shredded Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta and drain. Put all ingredients except cheese in a greased 9x13 pan. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.

I loved it but I can be sure Chandler wouldn't eat it because of the tomatoes. Oh well. Sometimes you just have to cook what you, yourself, will like!

No comments:

Post a Comment