Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Joseph Smith in Lectures on Faith said, "Let us here observe, that a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things, never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation."

This week, religion should have sufficient power over me.

Every single day will have time devoted to church callings. Sunday was church and teaching the YW, yesterday I was at the church setting up for New Beginnings and then back over there later for a New Beginnings practice. Today is New Beginnings. Wednesday is PPIs with the Bishop. Tomorrow is a church ball game and Special Needs Mutual. Friday is an adult ward party. Saturday I'll be at a Worldwide Leadership Training at 6 am and then teaching a Merit Badge class from 8 am to 1 pm. Sunday will be back to church.

PTA is almost as bad. Today I am helping at the middle school with a ZAP (zeroes aren't permitted) activity. Tomorrow I am helpng with a student of the month breakfast at the high school. Thursday I am helping with a 6th grade assembly then helping with PTA day at Harmon's and then talking at an orientation for parents and incoming 7th graders.

My dad always says, "There's no rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need any."

I'm pretty sure I fit in one of those categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment