Sunday, February 20, 2011

highs and lows

HIGH - We started the day out really well yesterday. We all went to the Las Vegas Temple. Mom and I had both been there before but it was a first for Brakston, McKayla, and Whitney. It is a beautiful temple and one of the bright spots of Vegas (Have I mentioned before that I am NOT a fan of Las Vegas?)

LOW - Then it was off to 2 soccer games where McKayla didn't play much. That is very unusual for her since she usually starts. However, in tournament play her team often plays on Sundays and McKayla won't play on Sundays so the coach limits her playing time in all games. I understand why he does this but it is still not much fun to travel all this way (and pay this much money) just to watch her sit the bench.

HIGH - Still, I can't help but be extremely proud of her for living the gospel. She won't lower her standards for anything (even to play her favorite sport).

A day of highs and lows.

No comments:

Post a Comment