Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TOO HELPFUL

Yes, I know, some people have REAL problems. I have no room to complain. Still, Alec was a bit TOO helpful yesterday.

He was awake before I left for the temple at 4 am. Apparently, he decided to put his wakefulness to good use. He washed my whites (even though there was only 1 top, 1 bottom, and 4 socks). Of course, the water was set to cold and the load was set to extra large but whatever.... I'll give him points for trying.

I got home from the temple and noticed that both the garbage can and the recycling can were out. Alec being "helpful" again. It's just that this is not recycling week so I drug that can back to the garage where luckily I noticed that Alec had thrown away my fairly new laptop case. Aargh!

A little later I go to grab the bill for Alec's graduation cap and gown because the good people from Josten's are over at the school to finish collecting final payments. No bill anywhere. That's when I realize that my "paperwork-to-do" stack is significantly smaller than the previous night. Another trip out to the recycling bin confirms my suspicion that Alec has been "cleaning". Lots of important paperwork had been trashed. So, I dig it all out.

That evening I rummage through the now-disheveled paperwork to find Shanley's Oakcrest Camp registration form so we can turn it in. It's missing. Another trip out to the recycling bin confirms that did not overlook that form in my initial "dumpster dive". So, Shanley and I go through Alec's backpack, Alec's room, the kitchen, the living room, and so on. Finally, we find it carefully filed away in a kitchen drawer.

I just don't know how much more "help" I can possibly take!

No comments:

Post a Comment