Tuesday, October 12, 2010

to win or not to win

McKayla's high school soccer team made it to the state playoffs. They play their first round game tonight. They go in as the #1 seed from our region meaning they play the #4 seed from another region.

Everything sounds great, right?

Well....

It might all sound perfect if this weekend weren't Fall Recess. There's no school on Thursday or Friday. There is, however, a soccer playoff game on Thursday if McKayla's team wins on Tuesday.

There lies the dilemma. If she wins Tuesday, she plays Thursday. I'd like to take the kids and fly to Rapid City for the long weekend. Not possible if she has a game. On the one hand, I want her team to be successful. They've never advanced past the first round so this is a good opportunity. On the other hand, I'd like the kids to see Mount Rushmore.

I guess I just view this as a win-win. If her team wins, they do something they've never done before and we get more soccer! If her team loses, our family gets to travel.

We can't lose!

1 comment:

  1. Are you ready for me to start driving?
    Christine

    ReplyDelete