Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm changing my name to Holly Homemaker

It's either that or start attending meetings.

I have ended up planning, shopping for, cooking, and hosting three dinners in the past 8 days as well as helping with one more. Last Wednesday I cooked for 60 teachers at the middle school. Thursday I helped with another teacher dinner. Monday night I hosted the high school soccer team for dinner and tonight I am in charge of a YW Combined Crazy Menu dinner.

That makes 3 days of shopping. Three days of frantically cooking and three days of then having to clean up my destroyed kitchen.

To add just a little bit more fun, besides the dinner tonight, I am also baking goods for an elementary school fall festival.

No, I did NOT plan for it to end up this way. That's why I need to attend meetings. I had to leave early from the January YW planning meeting so I was assigned tonight's dinner. Then, I missed the RHS soccer team meeting (I was at Chandler's game) so I was just given the night that no one else wanted.

Moral of the story: Become a professional caterer or start attending ALL meetings. (Couldn't cloning myself be another option?)

Thank goodness Chandler is off-track. It hasn't been much fun for him but he has been an emormous help. He's unwrapped caramels, peeled potatoes, unwrapped buillion cubes, sliced cucumbers, made punch, run back into the store to purchase the vanilla pudding I forgot, made his own lunch, run up and down the stairs to the storeroom to fetch ingredients for me, etc

1 comment: