Friday, October 15, 2010

books I've read in the past month

Here's the list of books I've read in the past month. I've * the ones I recommend.

Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston
*The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
Bound South by Susan Rebecca White
*The Hidden Christ: Beneath the Surface of the Old Testament by James L. Ferrell
The Calligrapher's Daughter by Eugenia Kim
The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty
*Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Compound by S.A. Bodeen

I've loved Little Women since I was a girl and have lost track of how many times I've read it. The Hidden Christ took me forever to read because I had to do some heavy-duty thinking.

The biggest disappointment was Between a Rock and a Hard Place. It has been on my to-read list for over a year. It's the memoir of a trapped hiker in Southern Utah who had to cut off his arm to free himself and survive. It sounded like my type of book but the book is mostly about Aron's outdoor adventures in the years leading up to his canyon entrapment and escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment