Thursday, October 21, 2010

am I 14 again?

Today was a bit of a reminder of what it feels like to be in school again. I started the day with a 4:30 alarm, a Jazzercise class, packing lunches, showering and rushing kids to school. Then, I had to leave at 7:50 myself to go to school. I didn't even have time to eat more than a piece of wheat bread for breakfast.

I spent 4 hours at the middle school helping with Reality Town (which was really busy but lots of fun). Then I spent 2 1/2 hours in a PTA meeting at the high school. That makes 6 1/2 hours in school and 2 1/2 hours of it so incredibly boring that I wanted to be anywhere else (even the dentist's office). Yep, that's almost exactly how I remember my school days being.

Follow that up with carpool duties, making some cookie bars for after school treat, running kids to soccer practice, cheer practice, a volleyball game, and special needs mutual and the day felt pretty much like I remember my high school days feeling.

Except I think I had more energy and didn't feel as completely exhausted as I feel today - blame that on teaching, PTA, Young Women's, etc. Is there a mother out there that isn't exhausted by Thursday? My Rapid City vacation seems so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment